One full month, 2 Lessons, 2 assignments plus video tutorials
Experiment with abstraction and impressionism and discover a world of artistic interpretations you can achieve with your photography. This type of photography
is fun and you will have a great time making expressive images that convey what you feel about your subjects. Every photo will be one-of-a-kind as you explore
your imagination and vision.
In this course you will learn to let go of your need for perfection and structure and release your inner impressionist. The opportunities to create subjective images are
endless and make a wonderful way to explore the natural world.
This course is part photography and part Photoshop. You will be shooting new images using creative techniques and learning to process them for maximum effect in Photoshop. We will
be working with layers, blending modes and filters in Photoshop.
This course includes TWO LESSONS and TWO ASSIGNMENTS plus 8 video tutorials.
LESSON ONE OUTLINE
- Working with slow shutter speeds
- Zooming, panning, swiping
- Exploring abstraction
- Painterly interpretations
- Impressionist Monet effects
LESSON TWO OUTLINE
- Multiple exposures
- Sandwiching images
- Image overlay
- Digital slide sandwich technique
- A DSLR or advanced point and shoot camera is required. You must be able to manually control your exposure and focus.
- You will need a working knowledge of how to change exposure and focus settings on your camera.
- This course will be taught using Photoshop CS3. Photoshop Elements 7 will also work. If you don't have a current version of Photoshop, there is a free trial download available on www.adobe.com
- You need a basic working knowledge of Photoshop.
- You will be expected to shoot new work for this course.
HOW IT WORKS
- You will receive the first lesson on the course start date.
- This short course includes two comprehensive lessons in PDF format and how-to videos with detailed instructions and an assignment. You will have two weeks including two weekends to work on each assignment.
- After completing each assignment you will upload your photos to the website.
- Your instructor reviews your photos and offers constructive comments.
- You can ask questions and discuss ideas with your classmates.
Includes 2 lessons & 2 assignments
Next session TBA