HORSES IN ACTION
One full month, 2 Lessons, 2 assignments plus video tutorials
Learn to take great photos of horses in action! In this course you will learn how to take pictures of horses in motion both under saddle and running free.
You'll learn which settings to use and important shooting techniques, all explained in easy to understand plain language. The course covers freezing fast action for crisp, sharp
action photos and the creative use of motion blur for making more artistic images with implied motion.
This course includes TWO LESSONS. This course is for any one who wants to learn to catch that perfect moment for
every reason from preserving precious memories to making better photos of their horses for sale. Suitable for aspiring horse show photographers too.
LESSON ONE OUTLINE
- Freezing fast action
- Timing and camera angles for classic shots
- Shooting the horse under saddle
- Shooting the horse running free
- Camera settings and shooting techniques for freezing action
- How to focus your camera
LESSON TWO OUTLINE
- Implied motion, creative use of motion blur
- Learning how to take a panning shot
- Getting artistic with your shots
- Choosing a good background
- Camera settings and shooting techniques for implied motion
- You must have access to horses to photograph outdoors
- You must have a DSLR camera and a telephoto lens greater than 80mm
- Please note this course does not cover indoor photography
- You may not use previously shot work for this course
HOW IT WORKS
- Everything is online and accessible 24/7. This course includes two written lessons in PDF format with detailed information and example photos.
Each lesson comes with a photo assignment. You will have two weeks including two weekends to work on each photo assignment.
- After completing the assignment you upload your photos to the website. Within 3 days your instructor reviews your photos and offers constructive comments and critique.
- You can ask questions and discuss ideas with your classmates and instructors along the way and get advice and feedback on your work in progress.
When you ask us a question, you get a real, personal answer from a working professional photographer.
- You will receive a reminder email when the first lesson becomes available on the website on the course start date.
Includes 2 lessons & 2 assignments
Next session TBA
Please be sure you have access to horses outdoors to shoot for this class!
|COURSE MATERIALS ONLY
|Purchase the course materials only for this course as an on-demand tutorial for instant access with no instructor.
Visit our On-Demand Tutorials for details.