THE HORSE OVER FENCES
One full month, 2 Lessons, 2 assignments
In this course you will learn the fine points of taking sharp action photos of horses jumping over fences. The course will cover traditional shots of hunters,
jumpers and eventers. We'll teach you where to stand, how to compose your shots and the timing you need to capture the peak of the action. You'll learn which settings
to use and important shooting techniques, all explained in easy to understand plain language with plenty of help along the way to get the results you are looking for.
This course includes TWO LESSONS and TWO ASSIGNMENTS. This course is for any one who wants to learn to catch that perfect moment for
every reason from preserving precious memories to making better photos of their horses for sale. Suitable for aspiring horse show photographers too.
LESSON ONE OUTLINE
- Traditional angles and compositions
- Which jump to shoot
- Finding the best camera position
- How to get sharp action photos
- How to time the jump, when to take picture
- Gear considerations
- Camera settings and shooting techniques
LESSON TWO OUTLINE
- How to shoot hunters, jumpers and eventers
- How to shoot a cross country water complex
- How to shoot a bank jump
- How to shoot cross country combinations
- How to shoot novice horse and riders
- Timing and shooting great landing shots
- You must have access to horses jumping outdoors
- You must have a DSLR camera and a telephoto lens 70-200mm, 70-300mm or equivalent. Renting a lens is very affordable. Check with www.lensrentals.com.
- You will be expected to shoot new work for this course
- Please note this course does not cover indoor arena photography
HOW IT WORKS
- You will receive a reminder email on the course start date when your lesson is ready.
- This course includes two written lessons in PDF format consisting of our best photography tips, detailed instructions, example photos and a photo assignment.
- You will have two weeks including two weekends to work on each assignment.
- You can ask questions, post work in progress, ask for help or chat with your classmates or instructors as you work on your assignment. We are here to help and a lively discussion makes the class a richer experience for everyone.
- After shooting the assignment you will upload your photos to the website by the due date and we will critique your photos and give you helpful advice and tips.
- The class is open for two weeks after the final assignment and we can answer any follow up questions you have.
Includes two lessons, two assignments
Next session TBA
|COURSE MATERIALS ONLY
|Purchase the course materials only for this course as an on-demand tutorial for instant access with no instructor.
Visit our On-Demand Tutorials for details.