SUNSET SILHOUETTESOne full month, 2 Lessons and 2 assignments
Silhouettes are one of the most fun and instantly gratifying photos to make. They are wonderfully bold, colorful and expressive, distilling design into the
elements of color and shape. You will learn to how to shoot these inspiring images and add impact to your photo collection.
Silhouettes are almost universally compelling. People LOVE them. There is definitely some magic in the combination of shape and color as simple, clean design
elements. Silhouettes are dramatic and elicit a passionate response. These images will make an excellent addition to your portfolio.
In this course we won't just limit ourselves to sunsets. We'll cover a variety of ways to make these beautiful photos. This course is not super technical. It is lots of
fun to shoot silhouettes and they are very creative. The subject matter for this class is wide open. We shoot lots of horses but you are welcome to photograph any subject you like.
This course includes TWO LESSONS and TWO ASSIGNMENTS.
LESSON ONE OUTLINE
- Sunset & Sunrise Silhouettes
- Human and animal models, still life, trees and shapes that work for silhouettes
- Finding and scouting locations
- What makes a beautiful sky
- Choosing the right lens, focal length
- Color, shape and form as design elements
- Technicals, metering and exposure
- Dealing with the "fireball" of the sun
- Common mistakes to avoid
LESSON TWO OUTLINE
- Doorway and window silhouettes
- Barn doorways, garage doorways
- Being an actor
- Posing your subject
- How to make self-portraits
- Adding props to tell a story
- Using framing
Requirements - Who Should Take This Course
- Suitable for the advanced beginner and up
- Basic understanding of aperture and shutter speed
- Tripod recommended
HOW IT WORKS
- You will receive a reminder email on the course start date when your lesson is ready.
- This course includes two written lessons in PDF format consisting of our best photography tips, detailed instructions and a photo assignment.
- You will have two weeks including two weekends to work on each assignment.
- You can ask questions, post work in progress, ask for help or chat with your classmates or instructors as you work on your assignment. We are here to help and a lively discussion makes the class a richer experience for everyone.
- After shooting the assignment you will upload your photos to the website by the due date and we will critique your photos and give you helpful advice and tips.
2 lessons and 2 assignments
Next session TBA
|FREE BONUS TUTORIAL
|With this course you will get a free bonus Silhouette Sky Replacement Photoshop Tutorial. This is a fun and cool way to replace a boring sky in your silhouette photos. A great tutorial
for advanced beginners. Experiment with layers and blending modes in Photoshop.