NATURAL WINDOW LIGHT PHOTOGRAPHY
Learn how to take photos of people, pets and still life with a simple window light setup. Some of the prettiest light is window light.
It is a very simple shot once you understand how to set it up. These photos are great to work on and relieve cabin fever while we wait for spring to come.
- Which windows work best
- Basic lighting patterns
- How to meter and expose for window light
- How to use a reflector to fill in shadows
- Tips for posing people
- Creative use of shadow
- Adding a soft focus effect to your images
- Styling tips for still life
- When and how to use a diffuser
- You must have a basic understanding of your camera.
- You will need a tripod.
- You'll need a few simple accessories like a piece of white foam board and a white bed sheet if you don't have a reflector.
- You may not use previously shot work for this course
HOW IT WORKS
- You will receive a reminder email on the course start date when your lesson is ready.
- This course includes one written lesson in PDF format consisting of our best photography tips, detailed instructions and a photo assignment.
- You will have two weeks including two weekends to work on your assignment.
- You can ask questions, post work in progress, ask for help or chat with your classmates or instructors as you work on your assignment. We are here to help and a lively discussion makes the class a richer experience for everyone.
- After shooting the assignment you will upload your photos to the website by the due date and we will critique your photos and give you helpful advice and tips.
- The class is open for two weeks after the final assignment and we can answer any follow up questions you have after the critiques.
Next session TBA
|COURSE MATERIALS ONLY
|Purchase the course materials only for this course as an on-demand tutorial for instant access with no instructor.
Visit our On-Demand Tutorials for details.