WINTER & SNOW PHOTOGRAPHY
Improve your winter photography! Winter has lots to offer, it's a winter wonderland out there. All winter photos are welcome, snow, landscapes, animals,
details, anything snowy or wintry. We'll also cover ideas for shooting the winter landscape when you have no snow. In this lesson you will learn how to
expose correctly for the snow and how to focus in falling snow. We'll get into the best camera settings to use and discuss the unique qualities of
winter light and how to use them to improve your photos.
In this lesson you will learn how to expose for the snow and how to focus in falling snow.
- Exposure - exposing for your subject, bracketing, exposure compensation
- Shooting in a snow storm
- Finding things to shoot when you have no snow
- Focusing - auto-focus, manual focus
- Camera settings
- Preparation - staying warm and dry, you and your gear
- How to protect your gear
- Locations & Subjects - landscapes, ice patterns, snowmen, animals, decorations
- Light - overcast, sunshine, reflective, soft, harsh, contrasty
HOW IT WORKS
- You will receive a reminder email on the course start date when your lesson is ready.
- This course includes one written lesson in PDF format consisting of our best photography tips, detailed instructions and a photo assignment.
- You will have two weeks including two weekends to work on your assignment.
- You can ask questions, post work in progress, ask for help or chat with your classmates or instructors as you work on your assignment. We are here to help and a lively discussion makes the class a richer experience for everyone.
- After shooting the assignment you will upload your photos to the website by the due date and we will critique your photos and give you helpful advice and tips.
- The class is open for a month and we can answer any follow up questions you have after the critiques.
See you next year!
|COURSE MATERIALS ONLY
|Purchase the course materials only for this course as an on-demand tutorial for instant access with no instructor.
Visit our On-Demand Tutorials for details.